- Gender Equality-Is it really equal? - October 29, 2020
- Stand out from the crowd by implementing proper professional Etiquettes - September 24, 2020
- Personal branding for career success - August 9, 2020
Etiquette refers to guidelines which controls the way a responsible individual should behave in the society. Etiquette makes us a cultured individual. It helps us show respect & consideration to others glad that we are with them. As the proverb goes “ Survival of the fittest”, so without proper manners and etiquettes we cannot survive in our professional world.
Do’s and Don’t of modern Social Etiquettes:
1.Do ask questions, asking question makes your conversational partner feel good.
2.Do gauge your audience.
3.Do dress which makes you comfortable, or which you can carry.
4.Do prepare topics ahead of time.
1.Don’t interrupt while others are talking.
2.Don’t neglect Hygiene.
3.Don’t check your whats app messages, Facebook or even you-tube videos.
Work place Etiquettes Do’s and Don’ts.
- Do arrive early at workplace.
- Do be willing to help out a co-worker.
- Do be open minded.
- Do network with people.
- Do create a proper personal email-id.
- Finish your work on time.
- Do wear appropriate formal attire in workplace.
- Do be flexible.
- Do smile.
- Don’t have personal conversation at your desk.
- Don’t “Replay all” to an email chain.
- Don’t gossip about your peers or your boss.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Don’t bring your emotions into the office.
- Don’t use emojis or multiple exclamation points.
- Don’t be nervous, but also don’t over step your boundaries.
Why is work place etiquette important?
Etiquette is very important as it creates a professional, mutually respectful communication which helps an organization serve as a productive place. People feel better about their jobs when they feel respected, and that translates into their personality and work efficiency as well.